Thursday, June 17, 2010

Introductions Post

Since we won't be having another proper face-to-face meeting until next semester, it might be a good idea to introduce ourselves, so that hopefully by the time July rolls around we'l have a good idea of who everyone is and what sort of writing interests them.

I'm Marie Hodgkinson, currently mid-way through my Honours year for a combined English and Classics degree. I write short stories and the odd abortive novel in the fantasy genre, and have had several stories published in various places - but they're pretty rubbish, so I'm not telling you where. In what spare time I have I run the e-zine Semaphore, which publishes fantasy and sci-fi short stories, and poetry of most genres except the depressing ones. Working on Semaphore often cuts into my writing time, of which I've had very little recently, but that's just the way things go, and being able to provide a forum for great work by New Zealand and international authors pretty much makes up for it.

So ... who are you lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment